Friday, May 12, 2006

Other People's Children by Joanna Trollope

I never picked a Trollope book off the shelf before, probably because of their Danielle Steele-esque font on the covers. However, this was a good book, and I'd liken Trollope more to Anne Tyler than Danielle Steele. This book told the story of several relationships within an extended family, and the interlocking priorities and difficulties of the characters involved. The stories focused a lot on adults' relationships with step-children, so I'd be interested in reading a Trollope book with a storyline I could relate better to, mostly because she is clearly a good writer with complete characters and interesting plots. Perhaps why I see her as similar to Tyler is just a function of the material being ahead of me in life. Either way, I'd definitely recommend Trollope and this book itself was enjoyable.

No comments: