Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Books of 2008

Happy New Year, readers.

2008 was a notable year for me personally -- I married Webster and finished grad school. Literarily (is that a word?) it was a great year too; I read over 40 books with almost a third of them being non-fiction and nearly half making the "Top Books" list.

If you read the reviews (click on the book for the link), you'll see that many of these were recommended by you - my readers! Please continue to send recommendations to me, because they increase the number of good books I get to read each year. And don't forget that this blog is updated throughout the year with short reviews of what I've most recently finished.

So without further ado...the list.


Book that most changed my life: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan - Examination of what and how we eat in America today and how to improve it. I still think of what I learned often while cooking or eating.


Fiction I could not put down:





Runner-up Fiction:






Great Non-Fiction:


So that's it for 2008. Here's to a 2009 that is happy, healthy, prosperous, and full of great books.


Love, Sheryl

No comments: