Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blogger's Dilemma

I've been slow in blogging lately because I am reading Omnivore's Dilemma with Laura as the sole members of an email book club we've started. It means that some of my 'reading time' is spent on that book so less is spent on whatever else I'm reading.

So far it's been a good experience. It's not as good as an in-person book club, but I'm getting far more out of the book than if I read it alone. Coincedentally, Webster is reading In Defense of Food, Michael Pollan's other book, so we have been talking about his themes at home lately as well.

I'll review the book and the experience once we're done.

Reading multiple books at a time is something I used to do a lot when I was younger. I like it because it makes the length of time it takes to read each book longer and I think that makes them stay with me more. It also means I am not ever picking up a book I'm not in the mood for.

1 comment:

Webster said...

I have finished in Defense of Food and loved it. In addition to influencing my food selection, variety, portion size, and desire to really learn how to cook, it also got my thinking about culture and identity as it relates to food. I would recommend In Defense of Food to anyone who pays close attention to their diet and/or exercises regularly.