Thursday, November 19, 2009

TBR

Every reader has a TBR - to be read - pile. The other night, I assembled mine. Ouch.

These are just the books that I own (or have borrowed) and actively want to read. Here's what my pile looks like for now:

Nazi Hunter: The Wiesenthal File
Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
Seeing by Jose Saramago
The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
Slaughterhouse-five by Kurt Vonnegut
Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
The Theory of Everything by Stephen Hawking
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
The Fourth Hand by John Irving
World Without End by Ken Follett
The Unforgiving Minute by Craig Mullaney
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Here's what I did not pull down from my bookshelves:

1. Books I've started and mean to go back to (e.g., The Millennium Problems by Keith Devlin, A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel and Six Easy Pieces by Richard P. Feynman)
2. Books that are technically Webster's but sounded interesting enough for me to want to read (e.g., Nonzero by Robert Wright, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, and Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burough and John Heltar)

3. Most of the books on the "On Deck" list at the right that have been recommended to me but I haven't purchased.

I was far too overwhelmed to look at all those books in a single list at once!

1 comment:

Lisa Olin said...

So glad my book finally made it on to your list! I read Running With Scissors -- sort of overrated. I just feel like there are SO many books about people's disfunctional childhoods. Enough. And I also have A Long Way Gone on my bookshelf waiting to be read. You will probably get to it before I will since I pretty much never read anymore.