Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: Sing You Home


Sing You Home
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I got stuck walking around Boston during one of this winter's snowstorms and ducked into the library instead of trekking home. Found this book on the shelf and started reading it while I waited out the storm.

I thought this book was OK. Pretty similar to most Jodi Picoult books - likable characters, political and ethical conflict, and very very readable. Sometimes with her books I wish for more linguistic complexity to match the complexity of the conflict and the plots.

The story starts with a marriage that breaks up over infertility. When the exes find new lives and new people to share them with, the question of what happens to their still-frozen embryos suddenly becomes very relevant. I liked the story and looked forward to reading it each night, but over all I didn't think the book was anything special.




View all my reviews

No comments: