Saturday, September 06, 2014

Review: A Breath of Snow and Ashes


A Breath of Snow and Ashes
A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I've been enjoying the Outlander series for several years now, treating myself to a new book each time I go on vacation. For the Adirondacks this summer, I was up to #6. Coincidentally. Starz network chose this summer to air a miniseries adaptation of Outlander, so there was a lot of buzz about these books going on this summer.

This was definitely one of my favorites in the series. I thought it was really fascinating to see what was going on just when the Revolutionary War was starting. But was was really special about this book is that several long-running plot threads had some great payoffs - some of Jamie's family history, of Jocasta's relationships, of Lord John's story - many of them that have been building for so many books were resolved.

Unlike the last two books, which I liked but found a little long and far-fetched (yes, in the scope of a time traveler story, things can still be near- or far- fetched), this one kept my attention fully and I enjoyed every page. Can't wait until November when I embark on #7.



View all my reviews

No comments: