Friday, August 18, 2017

Review: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the Book of the Month Club's Book of the Year for 2016 and it didn't disappoint. I'm not sure I liked anything as much as this since A Little Life. That still trumps anything else I've ever read, but this was itself amazingly written, complete with empathetic characters and a truly beautiful story. It is about a young girl who is befriended by one of her meth-cooking father's employees, and how he impacts her life. While certainly morally confusing at times, that is part of the beauty of this book - not how it glorifies morally ambiguous decisions, but how it presents them as they are, with conflict and all.

View all my reviews

No comments: