Sunday, August 12, 2018

Review: The Constant Gardener

The Constant Gardener The Constant Gardener by John le Carré
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I bought this book a while ago, then it sat on the shelf, then Web read it, didn't love, so it sat on the shelf for another while, then I finally picked it up. I did love it! It is about a British diplomat whose wife is killed while they are stationed in Kenya. As he begins to investigate the circumstances of her death, he learns that she may have been uncovering a major public health issue that powerful people didn't want publicized. The balance of the book is about what she discovered and how he tries to avenge her death.

Like his other books, this had plenty of intrigue and twists. Though not a "spy" book like his classic works, it had a similar pace and plotting. It wasn't fast-moving, but the subtleties were well-delivered, and the story overall compelling.

View all my reviews

No comments: