Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More on Brockmeier

I Googled Brockmeier since I liked his book so much. He says the coolest thing in an interview on his Random House website:

"I'm a list-maker---I always have been---and over the past few years I've been keeping and regularly reconsidering a list of my fifty favorite books."

I am so incredibly jealous! I should do one of those each year - maybe on my birthday - and see how my tastes change over time.

From the top of his list:

The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino
All the Days and Nights by William Maxwell
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
A Death in the Family by James Agee
Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars by Daniel Pinkwater
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton
The His DarkMaterials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
The Complete Short Stories by J.G. Ballard

No comments: