Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time of my Life by Allison Winn Scotch

I saw this on a few booklists and recommendation lists and it was always sort of in my subconscious of books I'd get to one day. Then I read a review that said that it definitely wasn't chick-lit and was quite thought-provoking so I got to it sooner rather than later.

Meh. Nothing special, probably chick-lit. The story is about a woman who is married with a young child and lives in the suburbs. She sometimes longs for the ex-boyfriend and urban life she left behind and one day she wakes up back in that life again. The book is about her conflict in seeing the problems with the life she didn't choose and missing the one she did choose. It was a quick read with no real surprises.

Maybe part of why the book did not enchant is that there is no one ex-boyfriend I return to, wondering, "what if...". I certainly have moments where I wonder "what if...", but they are not about any one person in particular. I'm not sure that even if I had felt that way that I would have enjoyed this any more than I did.

No comments: