Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pack of Two by Caroline Knapp

Disclaimer: I’ve become an extreme dog person in the past two years, since Lucy came home with us.  This book is only for extreme dog people. 

This book is by Caroline Knapp, author of many of my favorites, including Appetites.  She gets a dog (coincidentally named Lucille) who changes Caroline’s life.  This book was a lovely story about their friendship and how having a dog changed Knapp’s outlook on life.
I definitely related to some of her sentiments around how it feels to be around a dog.  She was a more solitary person than I am, so in some sections she described a relationship with Lucille that was more intense than mine with Lucy.  But overall I appreciated her elevation of dog to complete companion and enjoyed her anecdotes and reflection.

No comments: