Sunday, October 06, 2013

Review: The Twelve


The Twelve
The Twelve by Justin Cronin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I like a good post-apocalyptic story as much as the next person but nothing could have prepared me for this trilogy - particularly since I didn't know it was a trilogy when I read the first one.

This book is a worthy successor to [b:The Passage|6690798|The Passage (The Passage, #1)|Justin Cronin|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327874267s/6690798.jpg|2802546]. It's similarly complex, character-driven, and at times totally gross. (Did I forget to mention that the post-apocalyptic nature of the story was brought on by blood-drinking neon green viral vampires?) At its core, this story is not about vampires, it's about good vs. evil, David vs. Goliath, maybe about the different forms evil can take.

The only problem I had with the book was that I found it hard to remember some of the details from the previous book. I was probably about a third of the way through the book before I remembered all the details of the setup, who was who, and where different allegiances were.

That said, I look forward to the third and final book in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments: