Monday, May 04, 2015

Review: What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was time for more of a "beach read" and this was a good one. The story is about Alice, who wakes up in a hospital, finding that the life she thought she had (pregnant with her first child, very in love with her husband) is not true anymore. She is in the middle of an acrimonious divorce from her husband, the father of her three children, and dating someone different. She doesn't remember her children, but finds herself close to her sister, which she learns is not how she left things. Yikes!

The writing was at the level of Jodi Picoult, which is to say well-written enough but not poetic or "literature." Alice is a likable character, and as she pieces her life back together, it's easy to root for her to rebuild into something that makes her happy.

I've already ordered another Moriarty book for the next time I need some light reading that doesn't make me hate myself in the morning.

View all my reviews

No comments: