Thursday, December 08, 2016

Review: Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith

Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think it was the election that did it - that pushed me towards several non-fiction books and a search for some hints on faith. Anne Lamott isn't Jewish (and I am) - far from it, she goes to a Church and talks about Jesus and God as if they are her neighbors - but she has faith, and I needed a good dose of that. She is the best example I have found of Brene Brown's gospel of vulnerability. She completely opens herself up to the reader, sharing all her failures, foibles, and doubts, while simultaneously displaying her faith. Not a blind faith in a traditional god, but a questioning and malleable faith in something palpable and engaging.

Anyway, I love her. And I loved the essays in this book that dive into these ideas.

View all my reviews

No comments: