Sunday, January 08, 2017

Review: Lab Girl

Lab Girl Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book! I heard about it on NPR and was not disappointed. It is a memoir by a female scientist. She grows up with a distant mother and scientist father, and becomes a scientist herself, studying plants, leaves, and flowers. The book is incredibly readable, even the scienc-y parts, and she goes a little "Grapes of Wrath" in her interspersing the science of plants with her own life story. She details both her own education, as well as her unusual life managing a lab that is always at risk of being unfunded, and her strong relationship with her career-long lab partner. Couldn't wait to get on the train each day to have my reading time with Hope.

View all my reviews

No comments: