Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: The Unseen World

The Unseen World The Unseen World by Liz Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I hesitate to compare anything to A Little Life, one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking books I've ever read, but this book held my attention in a similar way. It was consuming and lovely, well-written and tragic. The story follows a young woman (Ada) who was raised by her scientist father. She grew up in his lab at the fictional "Boston Institute of Technology," his colleagues becoming her surrogate family. When he begins to suffer from dementia, she is taken in by a family friend, but managing her father's care and estate begins to unravel his background and history. While this wasn't a creepy mystery in any way, it was a beautiful story about family, history, sacrifices, and childhood's end. I loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments: