Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review: The Women in the Castle

The Women in the Castle The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this book browsing at the library and didn't know anything about it. The plot was intriguing - after WWII, a woman seeks out the wives of several Nazi resisters whose husbands were killed as part of an unsuccessful plot to murder Hitler. She brings them together in an old estate, where the form a support system and kind of a family together. The book alternates between pre-war and post-war times, and I enjoyed learning about the characters' backstories, and also seeing what happened to them going forward. This was both well-written and well-plotted, with twists, disappointments, and victories, all of which made me see how much I had been invested in the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: