Thursday, November 09, 2017

Review: Dark Matter

Dark Matter Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was good, and not what I expected. It starts when a man goes out one evening to meet a friend for a quick drink, and soon after, wakes up in a lab, being told that he has succeeded in a bold quantum physics experiment. He doesn't know what to believe - which life is his "real" life, and risks everything to get back to his happy life with his beloved wife and son.

This book played on traditional sci-fi themes around multi-verses and alternate realities, but did it while portraying a character who was flawed, relatable, and emotional. There were ways in which it reminded me of The Hike, although this was less surreal and more traditionally science fiction. The ending will also stay with me for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments: