Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Review: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As an avid reader, it is of some embarrassment to me that along the way, I missed reading anything by Jane Austen or the Bronte sisters. When I Facebook-confessed this, I was led to this book. It was a fun read. I found myself staying up late to find out what would happen in certain chapters, and laughing out loud at times. Like the experience of watching Downton Abbey, I found this to be more relatable than I expected, and the characters more complex than I gave them credit for at first blush. While I'm not sure I'd subsist on a diet exclusively of old English literature, I will certainly pick up another Austin (or Bronte) in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments: