Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Review: Home Fire

Home Fire Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was definitely one of the best books I've ready lately. It was about Pakistani Muslim three siblings who (as adults) are separated for the first time. One arrives in the US for college, one remains in London, and the third, the only boy, is suddenly missing.

The story unfolds with the sister in the United States running into a former neighbor, and as they become close, she worries that their political differences will stand between them. He and his family become inextricably linked with her family over time, though not in the ways that present themselves initially. I thought the characters were great, the plot was wonderfully complex, and the writing was excellent.

As a side note, the plot follows that of Antigone - which I had no memory of from 10th grade English class. Still a great read.


View all my reviews

No comments: