Thursday, May 17, 2018

Review: Black Rabbit Hall

Black Rabbit Hall Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this book while in line to pay for some other books at the Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver. The reviews of this book compare the author's work to something written by Kate Morton or Sarah Waters, which is why I chose it. I like that comparison: this is a modern-day gothic-style mystery.

A woman searching for a wedding venue is uniquely attracted to Black Rabbit Hall, a dilapidated and crumbling once-beautiful estate. She tries to figure out why she is so fascinated by it, and whether she has a connection to it. Meanwhile, decades before, an otherwise happy family is devastated by an untimely death, and never really recovers. By the end of the book, these two storylines join together, but not in any way that I could have figured out. And the journey is full of beautiful writing and sympathetic characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: