Friday, June 22, 2018

Review: Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say

Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am spoiled. I've read Anne Lamott, so any memoirist/spiritual writer/self-help guru is going to pale in comparison. That said, Corrigan is undeniably likable and compelling. In this book, she devotes a chapter to each of 12 things that help her through difficult situations, like "Tell Me More" and "I Was Wrong." She intermixes personal anecdotes with introspection, staying away from the common traps in these sorts of books: being too preachy, or too repetitive. She comes across as delightfully likable, human, honest, brave, and flawed. I'll be following her in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments: