Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Milk Memos by Cate Colburn-Smith and Andrea Serrette

This book was great - it's a semi-autobiographical account of several women who meet while pumping breastmilk at work at IBM.  It mixes information and tips about breastfeeding and pumping with excerpts from a journal they kept together while pumping.  I think some of the characters in the book were real, and others were composites of women the authors got to know.

A quick read, I enjoyed this book while I was feeding the baby.  While there weren't that many new tips in the book for me, I did like feeling like I was part of a larger community of pumping moms.  It was also a good inspiration for the business trip I recently took.

Probably not a book anyone would like unless they are in this situation, but I am so I did!

No comments: