Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review: A Good Indian Wife


A Good Indian Wife
A Good Indian Wife by Anne Cherian

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I took this book out of the library just based on the cover, no knowledge or reviews of it. It was pretty good, albeit predictable.

The story is about an Indian man who comes to the US and becomes a successful doctor. He is assimilating into American life when his family tricks him into going back to India and forces (guilts?) him into an arranged marriage. His new wife comes to the US with all sorts of dreams and beliefs about marriage, but is dismayed to find that nothing is as she had expected. The book is about how they reconcile their lives and marriage.

I like the book and it kept my attention. However, I didn't think it was anything unique. It was a well-written novels with typical caught-between-old-and-new themes.



View all my reviews

No comments: