Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review: The Fiery Cross


The Fiery Cross
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series continues to hold my attention. After the first half of the last book, I was a little worried that she had "jumped the shark" a bit, but this book renewed my excitement in this epic story.

In this installment, weighing in at 900+ pages, Jamie and Claire are joined by their daughter Brianna and her husband Roger in North Carolina in the early 1770's. There are small skirmishes between different factions as the colonies begin to gear up for the Revolution. But as in her previous books, there are also small everyday situations to contend with - like a murder mystery, missing people, killer bears, lost loves, and babies.

I look forward to reading the next book, probably on vacation in April.



View all my reviews

No comments: