Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Review: An Echo in the Bone


An Echo in the Bone
An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am sad to be catching up to Gabaldon in this series (I read them faster than she can write them) because they are always so.darn.good. This one has Claire and Jamie in the US as the Revolution begins, but soon they leave for Europe - although at 800+ pages, that certainly doesn't go as planned. Some new characters begin to get more air time as well.

Meanwhile, Brianna and Roger have returned to modern times to cure their daughter's health problems, and they are adjusting to life. They learn how Claire and Jamie are doing through a cleverly sent set of letters, but soon they are into their own problems with neighbors and colleagues at work.

With the same meticulous research and character development that fueled the first 6 books, this one continues to enthrall me as a romance and an adventure.



View all my reviews

No comments: