Sunday, July 24, 2016

Review: My Year of Meats

My Year of Meats My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an interesting book - Deena recommended it to me and I appreciated its being very different from a lot of other stuff I've read in the past.

It's about an American filmmaker who works with a Japanese studio to produce a television show about meat. As she learns more about the industry, she uncovers the dark side of cattle raising, and in particular the impact to human health. In parallel, the story also follows the wife of the show's producer, who has several problems of her won back in Japan.

I thought the story was unusual, and I really liked "meeting" the new characters that she found for each episode. The ending wrapped up a little too neatly, but I did enjoy the book overall.

View all my reviews

No comments: