Sunday, July 24, 2016

Review: Woman on the Edge of Time

Woman on the Edge of Time Woman on the Edge of Time by Marge Piercy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hands down, one of my favorite books I've read in a long time. I don't know why I have never read Piercy in the past, but she is an amazing writer - reminiscent of Margaret Atwood, both in her poetic prose and in her affinity for sci-fi, or as they like to call it, speculative fiction.

This book is about a woman who has a history of mental illness, and is sent to a hospital. While she is there, she discovers that she can communicate with the future, the year 2173 to be exact, and she begins to spend her time both in the present and the future. She becomes central to ensuring that the future unfolds as she and her new future-friends expect, based on her decisions in the present.

The writing was great, the story compelling, and the characters were incredibly well-crafted. If you're into this kind of story, I can't recommend this particular book enough.

View all my reviews

No comments: