Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Review: Truly Madly Guilty

Truly Madly Guilty Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had read a lot of heavy books lately (and been doing a lot of introspection) so it was nice to read some fluff. That said, I did not enjoy this as much as her other books. Like her other books, it was a story about women and friends, and secrets. It was about two women who had been childhood friends, one from a friendly, healthy home, the other not. Their interdependence on each other grew as they grew older, and one asks the other for a favor. But all of this is revealed in flashbacks. And there is a terrible event, but it is only teased and not revealed until late in the book. All in all, I was frustrated by the teasing, and turned off by how much is revealed in flashbacks. The plotline itself was kind of cool - but the frame ruined it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments: