Saturday, December 02, 2017

Review: A Really Good Day: How Microdosing Made a Mega Difference in My Mood, My Marriage, and My Life

A Really Good Day: How Microdosing Made a Mega Difference in My Mood, My Marriage, and My Life A Really Good Day: How Microdosing Made a Mega Difference in My Mood, My Marriage, and My Life by Ayelet Waldman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was really interesting. I noticed it on the shelf at the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver, then requested it at the library. Waldman is an author (herself married to author Michael Chabon), known for both her books as well as a controversial Modern Love column where she proclaimed loving her husband more than her children.

The book is part memoir (of her life with mental illness: Depression, Bipolar, and PMDD), part medical log (of her month micro-dosing with LSD rather than traditional psychiatric drugs), and part history (of drugs in the United States, both medicinal and illegal). She has a very unique point of view, both as a patient and as a former attorney, and she is meticulous in how she wields those personas throughout the book. She is generous and brave and honest in her writing, and I learned a lot reading her book.

View all my reviews

No comments: