Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review: Big Little Lies

Big Little Lies Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Liane Moriarty has quickly become a favorite of mine. This book was another of hers that was easy to read, with well-developed characters and a juicy plot. What I like about her is that despite all this, the writing is actually pretty good. Evocative of place, and descriptive of emotions.

This story follows three women whose kids all attend the same kindergarten. One is new to town, with a mysterious past; one is happily married with a teenager and a kindergartener, and an ex-husband whose new wife is a yogi; and one lives a seemingly perfect life. However, they all have secrets that unwind themselves as the book unfolds - lies they've told themselves about their families, identities, and problems.

This book truly had an explosive ending - one that I did not expect with a great twist. I will definitely read more books by Moriarty, but this one may be my favorite.

View all my reviews

No comments: