Friday, November 27, 2015

Review: Dark Places

Dark Places Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Still looking for some easy reads at the end of pregnancy, and I enjoyed Gone Girl so I decided to try another by Flynn.

I really enjoyed this, maybe even more than Gone Girl. It's about a woman whose family was murdered during her childhood, ostensibly by her father. As an adult, she begins to believe that her father wasn't responsible and sets out to find out who really did it. She's very sympathetic, although not totally likable.

The story had all the characteristics of a good mystery/thriller. Lots of twists, characters with complicated motives, and plenty of misdirection. I enjoyed reading and had trouble putting it down. The conclusion was a surprise, and far-fetched, but not so much so that it wasn't fun to read.

View all my reviews

No comments: