Friday, November 27, 2015

Review: One Fifth Avenue

One Fifth Avenue One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Meh. This was another book I chose when Micah was a baby, thinking I wanted something easy to read during maternity leave. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't anything to remember either.

This book tells the story of a group of tenants in a famous old New York City apartment building. A newly-minted hedge fund billionaire and his wife, an 'old-money' busybody and her bachelor nephew, the young-at-heart lady, every potential personality is represented in this cast of characters. Some of the characters were relatable and well-developed; others were more thinly veiled versions of familiar archetypes. Reading this book was more about getting to know all the personalities than it was about the plot/storyline of what actually happens.

I love Sex in the City, so I will always be a Bushnell fan, but this was nothing special.

View all my reviews

No comments: