Saturday, December 02, 2017

Review: The Girl with All the Gifts

The Girl with All the Gifts The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a creepy book - one that I had seen twice at Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver this year (and I don't live in Denver!) - that I requested at the library. It is about a girl, who at the outset seems like a lovely and curious pre-teen imprisoned in an institution that is part mental hospital and part prison. Over the course of the book, however, we learn that some sort of apocalyptical event occurred and this girl (and others like her) may be very dangerous.

Part psycho-thriller, part post-apocalyptic story, and part a story about humans connecting to each other, with a dose of The Passage, this was thoroughly enjoyable, if you're into that kind of thing. And I am.

View all my reviews

No comments: