Friday, December 08, 2017

Review: Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers

Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I love Annie, I mean, REALLY love Annie, this book was just ok. I typically lose myself in her writing, invite myself into her anecdotes, and come out of reading her feeling like I have the power to be a better person. This book, not so much. It didn't have enough of her charming stories or self-deprecating encouragement for my taste - it was too straightforward without enough personality. I did like the idea of their being three categories of prayer (which, coincidentally was covered in my daughter's Hebrew School class the same week I was reading this), but didn't find that illuminating enough to carry the book.

I'll definitely read more of Annie's books, and hope they are more like her others than like this one.

View all my reviews

No comments: