Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Review: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Heard about this book on NPR, and this was one of those titles that languished on my to-read list for over a year. I'm glad I finally got around to reading it, because the book was really, really good. It was about a set of childhood friends from rural Mississippi whose paths cross again as adults. One of them has become the town constable, while the other is ostracized from his neighbors, after he is accused of a crime and never cleared of it. When another crime occurs, and he becomes the most likely suspect. The writing was excellent, as was the character development. And I never would have figured out the ending!

View all my reviews

No comments: