Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Review: The Lost Family

The Lost Family The Lost Family by Jenna Blum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just learned that Blum lives in Boston, when I saw that she was speaking at our local library. I thought Those who Save Us was one of the best books I've ever read, and I was interested in reading another by her. It did not disappoint.

The story follows a young man, who comes to the U.S. escaping WWII, where he has lost his wife and twin daughters. When he meets a woman in the restaurant he runs (named Masha, for his first wife), he struggles with whether to live in the past, or to try and form a relationship with her. Told from different points of view, this book explored generational pain, and how the hope of recovery is slim, but strong.

Lovely.

View all my reviews

No comments: