Saturday, March 21, 2015

Review: We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really really enjoyed this book. It was on my list from the NYTimes Notable list I think and when I got it from the library I didn't remember what it was about and started reading it blindly. Which I completely recommend! Because there is a major plot twist about half way through the book and it made it all the more better to read.

The story follows a young woman who grows up with a brother and sister, but something happens to the family and once she is college aged, the sister is no longer part of the family, and her brother is a federal fugitive on the run. The plot was unique and shattering, and the themes of family responsibility, sibling relationships, and regret were well-developed.

A great read, especially if you don't know much about it ahead of time.

View all my reviews

No comments: