Saturday, February 03, 2018

Review: The Orphan Keeper

The Orphan Keeper The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure about reading this book. I thought Wright's last book The Rent Collector was a great story but really poorly written. I found this similar. The story, about a young Indian boy who is kidnapped and brought to an orphanage, then sent to the US to be adopted as if he were an orphan, was heartbreaking. His search for his birth family, which begins after an unexpected connection as a young adult, was similarly heartbreaking as well as uplifting. It was definitely hard to remember it was a true story. However, the writing was just as in the previous book of Wright's I had read. Poorly edited, and a strange combination of third-person memoir and fictional creation. I don't think I'll be sucked into another of his books any time soon.

View all my reviews

No comments: