Thursday, March 08, 2018

Review: The Book of the Unnamed Midwife

The Book of the Unnamed Midwife The Book of the Unnamed Midwife by Meg Elison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It was listed on a BuzzFeed list, and I'm glad I chose it. It follows the story of a woman who miraculously survives a plague that kills most women and children in the world. She fights her way through the post-apocalyptic world, surviving on canned goods, good decisions, and luck. Eventually she connects with other people and begins to figure out what the "new normal" is. It reminded me most of Station Eleven.

This book had some beautiful descriptions of human relationships, and some shattering depictions of a society that has lost its morality.

Overall a great book. Looking forward to the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments: