Monday, March 19, 2018

Review: The Floating World

The Floating World The Floating World by C. Morgan Babst
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was recommended on The Bustle, and I really liked it. It was about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. As the city falls apart after the storm, so too does the family this book follows. One adult daughter goes missing, and the other arrives from New York to help out, but finds herself confused by her grandfather's dementia and her parents estrangement, while the parents' marriage is at its breaking point. It was hard to read parts of this book - they were quite sad and tragic - but I also think it important to remember. I had watched Treme on HBO years ago, but this was a fresh look at one of the worst humanitarian crises in the United States' recent history.

View all my reviews

No comments: