Monday, March 05, 2018

Review: Gone to Soldiers

Gone to Soldiers Gone to Soldiers by Marge Piercy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This. Book. Was. Amazing. Piercy's Woman on the Edge of Time was one of my favorite reads a few years back, so I had made a mental note to read another book by her. This far exceeded my expectations - it was a sweeping story of 10 different people and their lives during WWII, reminiscent in its scope of Exodus. The storylines in this book ranged from people in the French Resistance to others in concentration camps to others who are soldiers in the Pacific to others who are living in the United States. Their lives intersect in both obvious and unexpected way; this book is a classic saga not to be missed.

This ought to be a miniseries....

View all my reviews

No comments: